Friday, September 26, 2008

I don't feel the Whoo hoo!

I don't really pay attention to the news unless it's celeb gossip, random shenanigans in Ohio, or pigs with lipstick, but I was shocked to hear yesterday that my bank, Washington Mutual, went belly up and was bought by one of the nation's strongest banks- JPMorgan Chase. I got a notice from the bank with a headline that read,

"Exciting news for our customers! We're proud to announce that WaMu has become part of one of the nation's strongest banks...blah blah blah...backed by the strength and security of JPMorgan Chase."

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Did I miss something here? Should I be celebrating that my bank was apparently struggling with these mortgage woes and eventually collapsed cuz it couldn't handle the market's instability? Far from being excited, I went to the WaMu site this morning and saw this image sans thought bubble:


This picture basically summarizes what WaMu did to its customers. Gotcha!
*Picture found from The Consumerist

*Update* I just checked the WaMu site, and this is what's up now:



Yes. Blank. Empty. Hopefully my bank account isnt.

1 comment:

Joey Infortuno said...

and let's not forget about this... http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u160/jinf22/WaMU_Fail.jpg