Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Jo Ann's fabric store in Glendale

After work today, I decided to check out Jo Ann's fabric store in Glendale. I hang out in Glendale a lot-mostly at the galleria and the fashion center (where nordstrom rack and michaels are located).

I've been doing some arts and crafts with fellow co-workers and after completing my very first sewing project aka a sweet pillow, I've been dying to go to fabric stores and check out some stuff. As much as I love Project Runway and Daniel Vosovic, I'm pretty sure kids are better than me at sewing. I've been to F&S fabrics on pico and looove their button selection. Not sure what I'd do with a whole button collection if I ever started one...maybe open up a button museum?

Although Joann has a decent aisle for buttons, I can't really compare it to F&S. But at least they have buttons...I was bummed when I went to Michaels and found no such button aisle there. I ended up picking up a couple sets of buttons at 90 cents each, some pinstripe fabric to make a pillow for my boyfriend, and this uber cool cherry blossom fabric! There's a lady named Rachel who was super cool and friendly and gave me a discount on the pinstripe fabric since there was less than a yard left. Sweet deal.

Anyone know where I can find fabric or button stores in the LA area?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I like shopping at Joann Fabrics store as here I found lots of online coupons, deals on home decor items, fabrics & crafts....!