Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday Funday

Mark your calendars boys and girls because today September 9, 2007 will go down in M and K history as the day I first went to the world famous Rose Bowl Swap meet. When people (blogs, LA magazine, etc.) say this is the place to be, they aren't kidding. With list in hand we ventured from booth to booth. For the record, my list consisted of transformers, western shirts, records, flip clocks, kicks, posters, 80s cartoons bedsheets, and a retro desk chair. Unfortunately, I was only able to acquire two of those items. Nevertheless, we had a blast but were pretty much worn out by the time we made our way to the clothing area. I scored an empire strikes back bedsheet and a loose grimlock transformer. I came *this* close to purchasing a jumbo mazinger type toy (with body made of that shampoo bottle plastic). Krystle scored some sweet pyrex dishes but methinks fire king is now on her list. The selection is a pack rat's dream and I saw things that I remember from my youth. I wanted this kitschy go-bots poster but 25 was too much for a poster of some poor man's transformers.

Since were in pasadena, we decided to check out pie n' burger. First, the burgers were awesome, and they make their own soda there meaning they mix the syrup and soda water by hand. It being our first time there, we also ordered some pie (apple) ala mode. Twas damn tasty.
I can see the Swap Meet/Pie 'n Burger becoming a monthly tradition.

Get there early because stylish Japanese tourists take all the good stuff
(especially return of the jedi drinking glasses)

Pics:






No comments: