Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hanging out with the Fullertonians

Before hitting up DCA's Food and Wine Festival, I decided to hang out with my favorite Fullertonian and check out the SoCo (South of Commonwealth) scene. According to Wikipedia, some notable Fullertonians include: Leo Fender, Social D lead singer Mike Ness, martial artist/actor Steven Seagal, and all around supasta Gwen Stefani.

I won't go into too much detail about the area, but it's definitely worth checking out. There are tons of antique stores, coffee shops, gelato stores, and some vintage stores (including Buffalo Exchange). One store that I particularly fell in love with is Otto. This shop specializes in unique furniture, decorative arts, and awesome artist merchandise from Shag to Gamma Go and even some cool Eames stuff! I think it's safe to say that I almost shat in my pants cuz this store carries all the cool artist stuff that I like.

So I wasn't planning on spending some money, but when there are antique stores that means there's also bountiful pyrex waiting to be bought. One antique store carried decent quality pyrex with minor scratches and some jadite. I managed to pick up a yellow casserole dish with a brown snowflake pattern (plus it was on sale! pyrex is NEVER on sale...except at goodwill). Anyway, we also hit up the local Goodwill. I particularly like their brick-a-brack section because everything is organized by color (which makes it easy for me to find pyrex). I found a couple nesting bowls but resisted the temptation of buying whole sets; rather, I just bought pieces I thought would complement my growing collection. So I found a woodlawn brown mid size bowl and a spring blossom 2 casserole dish.


Pyrex bandit strikes again!

No comments: