Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tis the Season!

The holiday season has officially arrived! Whist at various shopping malls over the weekend, I noticed fake Christmas trees erected in center plazas, workers with "visitor" stickers at Target stocking the aisles with unwanted Planters peanuts gift sets and those blue Danish cookie tins (don't get me wrong, I love those cookies- especially the pretzel shaped ones covered with sugar). As I write this masterpiece, I am actually listening to a holiday station I found on itunes, cuz I can't wait for Kost 103.5 to start playing their non-stop holiday jams beginning Thanksgiving afternoon.

Nevermind that Christmas is next month and that silly Californians voted for prop 8, let's talk about art. Specifically, The Itty Bitty Art Show at Monkeyhouse. A couple friends and I submitted some oh so tiny art work which we hope YOU will buy! I would have taken more pics, but I spent most of my time outside cuz it was uber crowded. You can take a gander at the show until november 30th.


I did a set of 4 paintings titled "The Grub Chronicles."


My friend did 9 paintings of awesomely cute robots.


More pics of art done by friends!


Yay for Animals in Masquerade!

My friend and I made itty bitty limited edition buttons that we passed out during the show!



Here are some scary ass pics of the weather right now. This doesn't look like cheery holiday weather!

No comments: