Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Chocolatier in My Hood

Yea, how many of you can say that there's a chocolatier in your neighborhood? I'm not talking about See's or Godiva chocolates, but someone like Willy Wonka on a much smaller scale. Ok, so maybe my chocolatier doesn't give out golden tickets for a once in a lifetime chance to visit her factory, but she does make awesome fresh chocolate. Usually, it's hard to find parking around the shop since the store is located in that weird intersection where Beverly, Commonwealth, and 1st Street mege, but lucky me found parking right in front! I asked Ms. Park (the French-trained chocolatier) what I should try since I love dark chocolate. She suggested I try her pave noir: dark ganache which is 72% cocoa (absolutely amazing...I learned to savor the taste of chocolate by not actually eating it, but rather letting it dissolve in your mouth...brings out other flavors you wouldn't have noticed in the first place!) I also tried her aztec which has habanero, caribbean, thai chili and apricot. That guy has bite! It was actually a little too spicy for me, but worth trying if you like a little bite. And since it was my first visit, she threw in a classic truffle...delish! Check out the pic here.

L' Artisan du Chocolat
3364 West First Street
Los Angeles, CA 90004

No comments: