Sunday, November 11, 2007

Look at the stars see how they shine for you




'Twas my first day back from the country (AKA Dallas, TX) and I was ready to dive headfirst into some Los Angeles-style goodness. First up, was the world famous-I think I remember this place in that Paula Abdul music video with Keanu Reaves- Griffith Observatory. The place was pretty neat with exhibits about the planets (sorry Pluto), the sun, and space in general. Their food court menu could use a little more creativity however. My suggestions: Meatier-bites (meatballs), serve only Milky Way candy bars, or Hubble Yum bubble gum. I can do all day with these things. Anyway, the new and improved movie was awesome, even though Krystle fell asleep at some point between Copernicus' discover of a helio-centric galaxy and exploring Mars. The rest of the time thereafter was spent exploring exhibits, but most of the stuff I knew already. The sun is a star, an eclipse is when..., you weigh this much on...whatever. The best presentation is what I like to call the Armageddon Simulation. You basically enter mathematical factors about an asteroid hitting the planet and watch your results. Needless to say, everyone using the exhibit plotted the TOTAL DESTRUCTIONS of mankind. Nice.

Continuing with the stars theme of the day, later on that day we went to the Stars concert at the Orpheum. Merch was a scam (15 for a CD?? C'mon!) but the best part of the show was our seats. We were right up front for all the action which consists of Amy and the other dude rocking out. Despite said rockingness, the guy in front of me still managed to distract me with his spastic , hilarious dancing. Stars played all their slammin jams: Elevator Love Letter, Ageless Beauty, Reunion, One More Night, and stuff from their new CD. All in all, the show was epic and my ears are still ringing. In the end, Krystle scored a set list and one of the flowers the band was throwing to people from the stage.

No comments: