Saturday, February 23, 2008

Oh Yeah Burritos Time

Gotta crunch it cause it's good

Always on the prowl for new foods to sample, K and I hit San Francisco like Mr. and Ms. Pacman.
We chomped our way through Taylor's Automatic Refresher and Hang Ah Tea Room. To complete the trifecta of tastebud (and artery clogging) perfection, we headed to Mission Street to try out their famous burritos. Apparently, the San Francisco burrito is the model on which Chipotle is based. Now that I think about it, this SF burrito differs from those you can score from the taco shacks in L.A. Hell, I consider anything wrapped in a tortilla to be a burrito. Inaccurate burrito terminology notwithstanding, I knows good eats when I munches it, and El Farolito was jawesome. The war is canceled. We can all go home. Sorry Chipotle, Big Burrito Company, Taco Bell Grilled Stuffed, and Del Taco Macho Combo. The joint is definitely a hole in the wall. Yet, the line was almost out the door. K wanted carne asada while I opted for shredded chicken. While I'm not a burrito expert by any means, I'm declaring El Farolito's burrito the best I've ever tasted. Not only that, but their salsa dethrones my current fave, Pancho's. Combine this salsa with the chips from Tito's and baby you got a stew going . These foil-encased badboys were so full of mass it was as if you could launch them from the Red October.

Check out this cross-section:


Buriiiitos...*ting*

No comments: