Sunday, February 10, 2008

Stuff my face weekend: Palms/Venice edition Part II

I had some weird craving for chicken teriyaki, so we hit up mitsuwa market for some cheap fill my tummy with japanese food goodness. This place never lets me down when I'm in the mood for some ramen, chicken, or curry croquettes!


delicious chicken teriyaki plate with miso soup, pickles, and tofu.

Just across the street is a Robinson Beautilities..beautilities is such a strange word for cosmetics and beauty supplies. Anyway, this costume store is jam packed with a variety of costumes ranging from psuedo/scary Mickey Mouse heads/chicken costumes and Hawaiian muu-muus and a wide assortment of odds and ends (gags like fake poo smeared on a diaper).

Driving down Venice, we discovered the Venice High School swap meet (I wonder if their mascot is a VHS tape...jk). This takes place every second of the month and like other flea markets, you can find antiques, collectibles, vintage tees, but mostly used crappy junk. I did, however, find a merchant who was selling...PYREX. A little pricey for her pieces, I went and splurged on a small butter container and a coffee cup.

My pick ups.

There's also a near-by farmer's market in the Mar Vista area. Oranges, tangerines, and grapefruits are in season, so I had a fair share of samples from all the vendors. We decided to try the empanadas from the empanada stand. They were so-so, considering that they're 2 for 5 bucks (I thought they'd be huge, but they were actually small). We also picked up some hot chicken sausage from this bbq place. Quite spicy, but a yummy brunch I must say.

1 comment:

Vi said...

Hi there,

I just thought I would let you know, a group of bloggers are creating an internaional blogging book. We are after bloggers from all over the world to submit their story of blogging. If you are interested, please pop over to my blog and take a look, we are purely doing it to raise money for 'War Child'

Vi x