Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Weakness

Today is the second Sunday of the month, which means it's the day I turn into a crazy mad woman trying to hunt down rare pyrex pieces at the Pasadena Rose Bowl flea market. When I'm on a mission, people better get outta my way. I'm talking about the stylish Japanese fashionistas toting body bags to carry all their vintage shirts and cowboy boots and Ray-Ban Wayfarer-wearing Pete Doherty's...don't mess with a woman's pyrex! Some stalls selling pyrex really know how precious their goods are and jack up the prices of popular patterns. I like going to vendors who sell stuff out of their truck and don't know they're selling pyrex-to them it's just grandma's casserole dish. One such vendor was selling a set of five pyrex mixing bowls for 20 bucks. I had to refrain myself from buying such a steal because I'm running out of room to store these babies. One day, when I have a huge selection of pyrex and fire king, I will set up a stall so people can just look and not buy. Ha!

So I ended up buying a turquoise chip bowl with a hot air balloon motif and another small bowl with the friendship bird design (the guy I bought it from actually gave me a good bargain and said that the dust comes free!) The other items I picked up are part of the pyrex refrigerator set series, one tan speckled one sans lid and a bright canary yellow one.


hooray for pyrex!

Just in case you're curious about the different pyrex patterns, check it out here at pyrex love

I thought I'd throw in some extra pictures from my weekend:


Luchador masks at Olvera Street. I really wanted to buy the Hello Kitty one.


Swizzle sticks/cocktail stirrers from one of the vintage stalls

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.