Saturday, March 29, 2008

Oh what a knight (Or Don't bet on black and white)



The king of all dinner shows, Medival Times did not disappoint. Yes, I know the knights aren't really fighting, and I'm fully aware PEPSI did not exist in the middle ages. Nevertheless, K and I had always wanted to check it out. Before going in, I knew that each group is assigned a certain knight to champion. As they handed over the cardboard black and white crown, I had a sinking feeling that our knight would not reign victorious. Black and White is just not a winning color scheme. We then took our picture with the princess of the castle and headed to the holding area before the show started. You all know I likes to keeps things real so I hit up the bar for a ceramic stein full of frothy ale. Alas, the spirits did my make loose my tongue: As they were calling the groups (by color) to enter the arena, I let the blue group have it. Taking a cue from Hans Moleman I yelled "Boooo-lue! Booooo-lue!" Shortly after being seated, we were introduced to our wench for the evening. No joke, she referred to herself as a wench. All restaurants should adopt this idea: "Wench! Gather me more mcnuggets of the chicken haste posthaste!" The food was nothing special. There was soup, bread, chicken, and a single BBQ rib. The storyline is no Game of Thrones, but it was better than I expected. Not to spoil too much for you, but the Green Knight is a bastard. After introducing the knights, there were some jousting feats and equestrian tricks. Finally, the moment we were waiting for was upon us. The knights would in engage in (non) deadly battle. Unfortunately for the Black and White knight, he
was called out by Green right off the bat. Green made short work of him. The rest of the colors fought with various weapons until the final showdown was between the Green and Red knight. As always good triumphs over evil and the kingdom is happy once again (except the king is now short 6 knights). All in all despite the watering down of a whole chunk of history, it was an enjoyable evening and it left K and I with ideas of starting a
ninja show called Samurai Times. It will feature Japanese food, sake, jump kicking, katana, lasers, bears, lightning bolts, and the song "Kung Fu fighting". Patent pending, son.

No comments: