Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Le Typo

Usually on my commute to work, I like to observe things as I drive by them. Things like people waiting at the bus stop and trying to figure out where they work and why they take the bus so early. Or high school kids with shaggy hair and tight pants who carry skateboards and wear their backpacks way too low. They'll get bad backs one day. There's also the occasional road kill, like dead cats with their carcass spilling out. It's funny how drivers intentionally swerve to avoid it, I mean, it's already dead. If you run it over again, it won't feel anything plus your tires are already dirty, so what's a little carcass? Anyway, I wouldn't recommend taking pictures while driving because that's just worst than talking on your cellphone and driving. I did it this morning because I love the occasional typo on buildings, signs, or moving trucks. I love murals that are on the side of liquor stores and have paintings of products that the store sells. Those are the best for spotting typos. Also Korean restaurants have funky grammar issues. One restaurant I passed by said, "Have nice day."

Anyway, the back of this truck says "If you can't see my mirros, I can't see you." I wonder how many drivers behind this van snickered at this typo. I know I did.




*For lack of a better title, I've added Le to make it sound faux French. Thanks, Steph.

1 comment:

Stephanie Liu said...

haha! I was so gonna have you crap for using 'le' but you gave me credit. So I love you!