Sunday, June 15, 2008

Random things that make my day



Last week I checked out the Los Feliz street festival and was walking down Franklin when I noticed a pair of mushrooms just chilling between Hillhurst and Vermont. I don't think this is considered defacement of public property cuz someone actually took his/her time to paint them matching colors and even added perfect circles on the mushroom tops. I think this is a good start to beautifying LA. Take the fire hydrant in the background- it doesn't need to be yellow. Compared to the mushrooms in the foreground, the fire hydrant looks dumpy and neglected, it's probably jealous that the 'shrooms are gold. With a little love and paint, it could easily be transformed into a little droid or some sort of monster.

Anyway, going down Pico today, I saw this mosaic on a building on the corner of Pico and La Brea. I'm not sure what exactly this mosaic means, but definitely too many men to represent The Village People. Obviously the second to last one is Batman cuz he's rockin' his grey suit and has bat ears. The fourth one from the left could represent the mob cuz he's wearing a hat, or maybe a taxi cab driver because he has a checkerboard pattern body. I definitely like the detail the person spent to create individual looks for these characters.

No comments: