Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend pick-ups

So I told myself not to buy unnecessary crap this weekend since a) it's unnecessary b) i really don't have room for any more stuff c) gas prices are killing my wallet d) it's unnecessary. But since I got paid this week, what the hell. Unlike other consumers in my age group who buy the latest tech gadgets, electronic thing-a-ma-bobs, high end couture, I tend to buy things that look like they were made in the 50s. Things with starburst prints, duo tone prints, flowery patterns... stuff like that. Anyway, my boss once told me that he thinks I should have been alive during the 50s. Heck, yea. If I had a Delorean, I'd send myself back to that decade and call myself Betty Crocker.

There's a store near the corner of Fletcher and Riverside called Coco's Variety and they sell a variety of stuff like used bikes, camping gear, random toys, and drinking water by the gallon. I was eyeing some Fire King and jadite dishes and was thinking to myself, "If I was a pyrex dish, I would be next to these guys." But sadly, it wasn't there...then lo and behold, sitting behind the counter was the awesomest pyrex bowl I've ever seen in mint condition. I knew it had to be mine. The promotional medallion cinderella bowl. It looks lime green in the picture, but it's actually a soft sea foam color with a gold pattern. I also bought a yellow goblet/pudding cup, good for putting coins in it. Also, who doesn't love oilcloths? I picked up a yard of the blue hibiscus pattern you see in the pic.